Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe caught my eye in a recent issue of Family Circle. Round it out with a salad and rolls and you have an easy dinner.
Top Review by Annacia
I made this tonight for 2 men. I got a vote of 4 and 4 1/2. When I ask what kept it from being a 5 they both said that the meatloaf was missing "something" but that was all they could come up with, they had no idea what was missing. I think that, most likely, they were thinking that it didn't taste *normal* and that is a cardinal sin around here. When I toss a meatloaf together I always add garlic and Italian herbs. That said, they cleaned their plates and said that they liked the the format of using the layers. I liked that too as there is just the one pan to wash up and it's simple to put together. The one hr timing was perfect. Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup saltine crumbs
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, 1/2 of the onion, 2/3 cup of soup, the egg and half the salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer the potatoes and remaining onion, salt and pepper in two layers.
- Spoon the corn over the potatoes.
- Evenly spread the meat loaf mixture over the corn.
- Top with the remaining tomato soup.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink in the middle.
- Cool slightly before cutting.