Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from my grandma. It's very homey , comfort food. Nothing fancy , but sure brings back some memories!
- 1 slice bread, crumbled
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml onion, diced
- 453.59 g hamburger
- 14.79 ml shortening
- 29.58 ml flour
- 425.24 g can green beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 236.59 ml water (this is actually the reserved bean liquid plus enough water to make 1 cup)
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- Mix bread , milk , onion and burger.
- Form patties. Dip in flour.
- In skillet , melt the shortening and fry your burger patties until browned.
- Add water/bean liquid , bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes.
- Cover and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Add beans.
- Continue cooking until the beans are heated and potatoes are tender.
This is good old comfort food at its best! I love it, and gobbled this down VERY quickly! LOL Some of the patties had a hard time sticking together, even with the flour on the outside of them. They were falling apart as I was flipping them, BUT it still was tasty!!! I will be making these again, with maybe a little pepper in it. I love that this is so low sodium, and will pass this onto my friend who has a low sodium diet! Thanks so much Marlene, and sorry it took me so long to get it done.