Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another quick and easy recipe I got from my Mom. (she taught me everything I know). Great for busy weeknights.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pork and beans (or any beans you prefer)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 envelope Manwich sloppy joe mix
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef.
- Add water, pork and beans, tomatoes and sloppy joe mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until macaroni is cooked.
Very strong pork-and-beans flavor, but my 2 year old liked it, and my husband said it will be good in a lunch tomorrow. Easy to make! We'll make it again for lunch some chilly day.