Recipe by Matthew Dufresne
A quick and easy casserole that my mom used to make when I was small. Now my kids think its great!
Top Review by Pam*Cake
you were right on with the kid friendly comment. my toddler scarfed dinner up like nobody's business. the only problem i had was getting the top layer of potatoes tender. i ended up having to bake it 65 minutes and then in desperation i threw it in the microwave for another 10. i think it was the "uncovered" part... and i have a high end stove too. weird. all in all... awesome recipe. two thumbs up from mom, dad and baby.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 large potatoes, sliced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I prefer Campbell's)
Directions See How It's Made
- in a saucepan, brown the ground beef.
- add finely chopped onion, mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook until onions are transparent place 3/4 of the mixture in a casarole dish.
- add the frozen peas and a layer of sliced potatoes.
- spread 1/4 of the mushroom soup over top of the sliced potatoes.
- add the remaining 1/4 of the beef mixture.
- add another layer of sliced potatoes and cover with the remaining mushroom soup.
- preheat oven to 350, bake for 45 minutes uncovered, or until the potatoes are fork tender.