- 1 quart clam juice
- 1 quart clam, minced
- 1 lb potato, diced small
- 1⁄2 lb onion, diced
- 2 ounces flour
- 1⁄2 quart milk
- 1⁄2 quart half-and-half
- white pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy pot, saute the onions in butter until transparent.
- Add flour and blend; cook for 4-5 minutes but do not brown.
- Add clams and clam juice. Cook and stir until smooth and comes to a boil.
- Cook potatoes in a different pot until done.
- Drain potatoes and add to clam mixture.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and blend.