Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Wash the lemons and peel them thinly.
- Remove the pith.
- Slice the lemons and place them with the peel and sugar in a sufficiently large vessel.
- Bring half of the water to the boil and pour it over the lemons, peel and sugar.
- Stir and leave to stand covered for a while.
- Add the rest of the water cold.
- When the liquid is lukewarm add the yeast.
- Keep the mead at room temperature until it starts to ferment,about one day.
- Put a couple of raisins and 1 tsp of sugar into clean bottles, and strain the mead into the bottles.
- Loosely cork the bottles and store them in a cool place.
- The mead is ready when the raisins rise to the surface.