Recipe by Foxgirl
This recipe is from my late Louisiana grandmother, saved in our handwritten family cookbook. It's the only pecan pie recipe I've ever used (or probably will ever use)--it's just perfect. For a real treat, grab a piece while it's still gooey and warm from the oven (or reheat it in the microwave!) and top it with a scoop of ice cream (vanilla bean, French vanilla and butter pecan are all heavenly choices).
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4-1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 uncooked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, Karo syrup, butter, salt, vanilla, sugar and pecans.
- Pour into 9-inch pie pan or plate lined with the uncooked crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (about 35-45 minutes).