Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My family eats very few veggies, but somehow, this recipe doesn't seem to bother them at all! I am sure that this is a recipe people can use as a "base" and customize it from there.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peas
- 5 -10 baby carrots, chopped (based on your preferences)
- 2 -3 medium potatoes, cut to bite size
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion (chopped or minced)
- oregano, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- Pour beef broth into crock pot, followed by stew beef meat.
- Add oregano, onion, and garlic salt.
- Turn slow cooker onto high.
- Cut carrots and potatoes while broth and meat warm up.
- Add carrots, potatoes and peas to broth and meat.
- Heat on high for 1-2 hours, stirring gently every 30 minutes or so.
- After the first few hours, you can then turn heat down to low and cook for 2-4 hours.
- Serve alone, with cornbread, or with your favorite side dish.
- Double this recipe if cooking for more than 2 or 3 people.