2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Say good-bye apple pie, because this is your permanent replacement!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 -4 tablespoons ice water
- 1Crust: Mix flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- 2With a pastry blender, cut in margarine and shortening until you have coarse crumbs.
- 3Sprinkle with water 1 tbsp at a time,mix with a fork until mixture holds its shape.
- 4Form into a ball;flatten out a little a bit.
- 5Wrap up tightly in plastic wrap and put in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- 6On a floured surfaced roll out pastry 1/8-inch thick into a 13-inch circle.
- 7Place pastry into an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges.
- 8Put in fridge while making the filling.
- 9Filling: Heat oven to 350°F.
- 10In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and the flour and cinnamon.
- 11Mix with the apples.
- 12Arrange apple slices in a circle overlapping a bit at the edge of the pie crust.
- 13Keep making circles with the apples until crust is all covered.
- 14Top with another apple layer.
- 15Bake tart 1 hour.
- 16Pour cream over tart and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- 17Bake 10 minutes more or until crust is golden.
- 18Cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mcintosh Apple Tart
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g