Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT6 North Africa/Middle East leg of tour. A traditional Libyan dish. I did change the corn oil to canola for obvious reasons!
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Soak the whole matzoh in warm water until soft but still firm in texture. Take the bread sheets from the water and press to extract excess water from them. Cut each matzoh into four equal squares.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture over 1 square of matzoh and cover with another.
- Dip the sandwich in the beaten eggs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or skillet on medium heat and fry the matzoh sandwich on both sides for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot.