Posted for ZWT6 North Africa/Middle East leg of tour. A traditional Libyan dish. I did change the corn oil to canola for obvious reasons!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 2Soak the whole matzoh in warm water until soft but still firm in texture. Take the bread sheets from the water and press to extract excess water from them. Cut each matzoh into four equal squares.
- 3Place a heaping tablespoon of the cheese mixture over 1 square of matzoh and cover with another.
- 4Dip the sandwich in the beaten eggs.
- 5Heat oil in a large frying pan or skillet on medium heat and fry the matzoh sandwich on both sides for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for M'chaqub (Stuffed Matzoh)
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.1
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.0 mg
- Sodium 702.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g