Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. A copycat version of McDonald's Sweet and Sour sauce. I don't know about anyone else, but our McDonald's has started charging for sauce packets. From now on I think I'll make our nuggets and sauce. I found this recipe at another website.
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender EXCEPT for the water and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the water and stir. Bring this mixture to a boil and allow it to boil for five minutes while stirring often. When it is fully thickened, take the pan off the heat source and let it cool.
McDonald's is the only place where I get my sweet and sour sauce from, and it seems like they never give you enough. I was very skeptical to try this recipe because of how much I love the original, but it was amazing. It tastes EXACTLY like the kind they give you. I doubled the recipe and filled a jar of it so I never run out
THANK YOU THANK YOU~~ This is just the best. My 4 kids wanted McDonalds only for the sauce, now I make it at home with my homemade nuggets!! IT IS THE BEST!! I keep it in a squirt bottle in the refrigerator, they can use it when they need it! YUM YUM
Definitely a keeper! I only had apple cider vinegar, but otherwise followed this recipe exactly, and it's Great! All of my kids love it too (which says a lot, ten out of ten!) so I made a triple batch and stored in a mason jar for future use. Thanks for this recipe!