Recipe by Jennibear
I'd been looking for the perfect sausage stuffing recipe for a long time, but was always disappointed with the flavor. I kept thinking how I wished the sausage was spicier somehow...like the breakfast sausage at McDonalds. AHA! Why not make a sausage stuffing using the breakfast sausage from McDonalds?!! We don't like to admit we eat there...thus the shame part of this recipe. However, it really is the best stuffing we've had!
- 7 sausage biscuits, cut up into small chunks (from McDonalds WITH the biscuit)
- 1 (14 ounce) packagepepperidge farms cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Melted butter in saucepan and saute onions and celery until soft. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well combined. Stuff into bird OR put in a large baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees OR put in a crock pot on low and let it cook away! Yum.
- - Do not add your hot onions and celery directly into the eggs or you may get scrambled eggs.
- - Do NOT add any more salt! This stuff is salty enough already - believe me!
- - If you hate cornbread stuffing, make this with regular bread stuffing. Duh.
- - Feel free to add more chicken broth if your stuffing looks dry or you like a more moist stuffing.
- - Don't lecture me on stuffing vs dressing.
- - Don't tell anyone it contains McDonalds unless you want to hear lectures and/or stories about McDonalds.