Recipe by ChefDLH
I love Todd Wilbur's copycat recipes because they taste like the original and they are tasty even if you haven't been to that restaurant. This recipe is no exception. I control the ingredients, fat and calories and make it at home with the taste the family loves. In this recipe you can us a tuna can, egg ring, egg pan or metal cookie cutter to get the egg just right. I use the Joie de Vivre 50162 from Amazon to make it perfect every time. From celeb chef Todd WIlbur's books of Top Secret Recipes. ChefDLH
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the English muffin and brown each face in a hot pan. Set aside. Keep the pan on medium heat.
- In a frying pan of boiling water, cook the Canadian bacon for 10 minutes.
- Grease the inside of the can with shortening or coat with a nonstick spray. ( to make the can to make the egg shape cut both ends of a pineapple or tuna can and grease or use an option above).
- Place the greased can in the hot pan over medium heat and crack the egg into the center.
- Break the yolk. Lightly salt the egg.
- When the surface of the egg begins to firm, cut around the inside of the can with a butter knife to free the edges.
- Pull the can off the egg; turn the egg over and cook for 1 minute more.
- Build the sandwich in the follwing stacking order from the bottom up:.
- bottom English muffin.
- American cheese.
- Canadian bacon.
- top English muffin.
- THIS IS THE KEY -Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds on high for uniform heating, if desired.
- the english muffin makes it taste great too.
- sub in sausage or other bacon for the canadian if you wish.
- For a closer clone, real American cheese slices not processed ones.