1/2 Photos of McDonald's Egg McMuffin / Sausage McMuffin With Egg Copycat Todd
I love Todd Wilbur's copycat recipes because they taste like the original and they are tasty even if you haven't been to that restaurant. This recipe is no exception. I control the ingredients, fat and calories and make it at home with the taste the family loves. In this recipe you can us a tuna can, egg ring, egg pan or metal cookie cutter to get the egg just right. I use the Joie de Vivre 50162 from Amazon to make it perfect every time. From celeb chef Todd WIlbur's books of Top Secret Recipes. ChefDLH
My Private Note
Egg McM ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split the English muffin and brown each face in a hot pan. Set aside. Keep the pan on medium heat.
- 2In a frying pan of boiling water, cook the Canadian bacon for 10 minutes.
- 3Grease the inside of the can with shortening or coat with a nonstick spray. ( to make the can to make the egg shape cut both ends of a pineapple or tuna can and grease or use an option above).
- 4Place the greased can in the hot pan over medium heat and crack the egg into the center.
- 5Break the yolk. Lightly salt the egg.
- 6When the surface of the egg begins to firm, cut around the inside of the can with a butter knife to free the edges.
- 7Pull the can off the egg; turn the egg over and cook for 1 minute more.
- 8Build the sandwich in the follwing stacking order from the bottom up:.
- 9bottom English muffin.
- 10American cheese.
- 12Canadian bacon.
- 13top English muffin.
- 14THIS IS THE KEY -Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds on high for uniform heating, if desired.
- 16the english muffin makes it taste great too.
- 17sub in sausage or other bacon for the canadian if you wish.
- 18For a closer clone, real American cheese slices not processed ones.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for McDonald's Egg McMuffin / Sausage McMuffin With Egg Copycat Todd
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 209.3 mg
- Sodium 816.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g