Recipe by The Cloner
Pretty Much A Exact Copy Of The Famous Egg McMuffin! Enjoy!
Top Review by Cluich
Having worked at McDonald's (whoa...that was over 20 years ago), I can tell you this is exactly like an Egg McMuffin, if you use a real egg and regular (not low-fat) cheese. It's McDonald's, folks. Their "recipes" have to be simple enough for a really dumb 16-year-old kid to learn to prepare quickly. It ain't rocket science.
- 1 English muffin
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Split the English muffin and toast it or grill the faces until brown in a hot pan set over medium heat.
- Keep the pan hot.
- Find a shallow can - such as an 8-ounce sliced pineapple can - that has the same diameter as the English muffin.
- Cut off both ends of the can and thoroughly clean it.
- Spray a coating of nonstick spray on the inside of the can, and place it into the hot pan so that it heats up.
- When the can is hot, spray more nonstick spray over the surface of the pan, and pour the egg substitute into the can.
- Salt the egg.
- Place the slice of Canadian bacon into the same pan to heat up while the egg cooks.
- When the egg seems to be firming upon top, use a knife to scrape around the edge of the can to help release the egg.
- Carefully pull the can off the egg, then flip the egg over and cook it for an additional minute or so.
- Build the sandwich by first placing the slice of American cheese on the bottom half of the English muffin.
- Place the egg on top of the cheese.
- Stack the Canadian bacon on the egg.
- Top the sandwich off with the top half of the English muffin.
- Microwave the sandwich for 10 to 15 seconds until warm, and serve immediately.