Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com The salad is simple and good, but this is a new way of making candied walnuts!
- 4.92 ml peanut oil
- 4.92 ml honey
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 0.59 ml salt
- 177.44 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 green apples, cored, cut into 14 slices (Granny Smith)
- 2 small red apples, cored, cut into 14 slices (Gala)
- 40 red seedless grapes
- 177.44 ml low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- Immediately after slicing apples, dip the slices into lemon juice to keep from browning. Set aside.
- To Make Candied Walnuts:.
- Combine peanut oil, honey, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium skillet over medium heat. When the mixture begins to bubble, add the walnuts and stir constantly until the walnuts begin to caramalize(they may start smoking too). Quickly turn off the heat and keep stirring so they don't burn. After stirring for a minute or so, pour the walnuts onto a plate. Toss the nuts so they won't stick together.
- When the nuts have cooled, you may start building your salad. Mix 7 slices of red apple, 7 slices of green apple, 10 grapes, 3 tbls. of yogurt and 3 tbls. of candied walnuts, stir and serve. Enjoy!
The boiled candied nuts are very good! Easy, quick method.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes Unlocked" (Penguin/Putnam)
I had this at Mickey D's this morning. I just had to find a copycat recipe and this is spot on. I even compared it to the label. Thank you.