Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a copycat cookbook I got at the library. It is very nice. This is what it says in the intro for this recipe "This fast food classic comes from a McDonald's Manager's Handbook published in the late 1960s. The chain has since replaced the sauce with the more well-known "secret sauce." "
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons French dressing
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sweet relish
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix everything very well in a small container.
- Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using (to allow all of the flavors to "meld").
Nice sauce. I also haven't had a Big Mac for a very long time so don't remember how it compares. But it was very good on my burger. Thanks for sharing Pink. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.
Didn't have any Miracle Whip - but halved the recipe and used mayo only. Not sure if it tasted like Big Mac Sauce (it's been too long since I had a Big Mac) but it sure was tasty on my burger!! Thanks Pink! Made for PHoto Tag.