Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
As it seems like eveyone's else's recipie is, this recipe was passed down through my mom. I like to use a combination of lean and not-so-lean ground beef for this recipe. Personally, I use a 2:1 ratio of 90% lean and 80% lean ground beef. I suppose some may prefer to include mushrooms in the meatloaf, but that has never suited me. Although it's a lot messier, mixing the recipe with your hands provides an even consistency. I always serve this meatloaf with my version of Beef Succotash.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef and eggs.
- Using a screen, add mushroom gravy to meat. I use a screen to strain mushrooms out of the gravy. Try to add as much gravy as possible without adding mushrooms.
- Add season salt, onion salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs until meat forms a ball that doesn't stick to the bowl.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 3 quart loaf pan.
- For a crispier crust (and more flavor) sprinkle top of loaf with black pepper.
- Bake for 75 minutes at 375°F.
- Remove meatloaf from pan, place on platter, and serve.
If I could give this recipe more than 5, I certainly would. My BF loved this meatloaf. I made it last night for supper and he talked about it all evening. Thanks for the wonderful receipe - excellent flavor.
This recipe is AWESOME everytime it was made for guests they always raved about it!