1/1 Photo of Mcdonald Family Meatloaf
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
James McDonald's Note:
As it seems like eveyone's else's recipie is, this recipe was passed down through my mom. I like to use a combination of lean and not-so-lean ground beef for this recipe. Personally, I use a 2:1 ratio of 90% lean and 80% lean ground beef. I suppose some may prefer to include mushrooms in the meatloaf, but that has never suited me. Although it's a lot messier, mixing the recipe with your hands provides an even consistency. I always serve this meatloaf with my version of Beef Succotash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix ground beef and eggs.
- 2Using a screen, add mushroom gravy to meat. I use a screen to strain mushrooms out of the gravy. Try to add as much gravy as possible without adding mushrooms.
- 3Add season salt, onion salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- 4Add bread crumbs until meat forms a ball that doesn't stick to the bowl.
- 5Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 3 quart loaf pan.
- 6For a crispier crust (and more flavor) sprinkle top of loaf with black pepper.
- 7Bake for 75 minutes at 375°F.
- 8Remove meatloaf from pan, place on platter, and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mcdonald Family Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.7
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 199.0 mg
- Sodium 474.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lawry's Seasoned Salt