Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is always a side dish with our meatloaf. It uses the same seasonings and compliments it quite well. It cooks at the same temperature and time. As with the meatloaf, I use a 2:1 ratio of 90%/80% lean ground beef. When making Beef Succotash and Meatloaf together, I use 3 lbs of ground beef total between the two recipies and split them accordingly. As you can see, we use sweet peas rather than lima beans for our succotash.
- Crumble ground beef into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle season salt, onion salt, black pepper and garlic power over meat.
- Add peas and cream corn, mix well. Do not strain the peas, include all the juices from the can.
- Place three 1 tbsp pats of margerine on top of succotash mixture equally spaced apart.
- Bake for 75 minute at 375°F.
- Remove from oven, stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve in small bowls.
My family loved this. I made it with meatloaf and also reheated it the next day for lunch. It tasted great then too. I will definately make this again. Thanks!