Recipe by Debbwl
Slices of juicy summer tomatoes, creamy goat cheese and antioxidant-rich rosemary combine to make this savory tart. Cut into thin wedges to serve as an appetizer. Found this on the McCormick web site. Would like to thank French Tart for her wonderful photos of this recipe.
Top Review by Lalaloula
WOW, what a tart!!!! It has such a bold, delicious flavour and makes you come back for more and more and more. :) I luved the combination of goats cheese, Italian herbs and tomatoes. Soooooo great! Mmm, will definitely make this again! I made my own crust, using this super easy recipe Recipe #152482 and it worked out fabulously! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful keeper with us, Debbie! Made and reviewed for The Undercover Event and Magic of Herbs June 2010.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces goat cheese, softened (chevre)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat whipped cream cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Prepare crust as directed on package. Place on foil-lined baking sheet. Mix rosemary, garlic powder, oregano, pepper and sea salt in small bowl. Mix cheeses and 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture until well blended.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture over crust to within 1 1/2 inches of edges. Arrange tomatoes over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining herb mixture. Fold about 1-inch edge of crust up over tomatoes, pleating or folding crust as needed.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool 5 minutes. Cut tart into 8 wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.