Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from one of the spice packs in the grocery store - so yummy. Putting it online so I don't lose the little card.
- 59.14 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt (I used 1 tbsp. by accident, but I think the 1 tsp wouldn't be enough and would use 1 tbsp again)
- 680.38 g chicken, boneless, skinless (cut into 6 serving size pieces)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips (green or red)
- 1 large onion (cut into strips, I used one bag of frozen pepper and onion stirfry mix in place of the fresh veggies)
- 4.92 ml garlic, chopped (our own addition but we're garlic lovers!)
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used the fire roasted, yum!)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml thyme, dried (use to taste, I used the whole amount but it was very thyme-y)
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix all the spices and then combine them with the 1/4 cup of flour. Put 2 tablespoons of the spiced flour into a large ziptop bag along with the chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken pieces till lightly browned (3-4 minutes per side). Remove to a plate when cooked.
- In same pan, sautee the peppers, onion and garlic and cook slightly. Add the tomatoes and heat through.
- In a bowl with a lid (I used my blender), combine the cold chicken broth with the leftover flour mixture and then add to the veggies. Stir well. Add cooked chicken back in and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sauce should thicken as the liquid comes to a gentle boil.
- We served it over yellow rice.
This recipe, as it comes from the package with no changes, is also marvelous with pork chops! In fact, I started making it with pork chops right off the bat, and haven't even made it with chicken yet! I have been using it for some time now, and it's a frequent family favorite. I can't find the card tonight, so I came here to see if I could find the recipe online. I've made it often enough I can almost do it from memory, but I don't want to mess up on the spices, because, like I said, as it is written right off the package, it's great, and I don't want to make any changes. Try it with 3 or 4 bone in pork chops sometime, or double the recipe to make more than that.
You are a life saver!! We are in the middle of moving and the recipe card was already in storage. This is such a quick easy meal, and I almost always have everything on hand to throw it together. We serve it with the Mexican rice by potscrubber (#117892). It's delicious! My father in law went back for more 3 times last night! I usually add some cumin and a sprinkle of sugar to help out the tomato. Thanks again for putting it up!
This was really good! Nice and spicy, I used "Smoked Paprika" instead of the package and I am telling you the smokey flavor along with the spicyness just made for a wonderful meal. Must try, I followed the recipe on the packet with the exception of the paprika. Next time I will try the fire roasted tomatoes. Worth it!