I got this from one of the spice packs in the grocery store - so yummy. Putting it online so I don't lose the little card.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used 1 tbsp. by accident, but I think the 1 tsp wouldn't be enough and would use 1 tbsp again)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, boneless, skinless (cut into 6 serving size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips (green or red)
- 1 large onion (cut into strips, I used one bag of frozen pepper and onion stirfry mix in place of the fresh veggies)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped (our own addition but we're garlic lovers!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used the fire roasted, yum!)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried (use to taste, I used the whole amount but it was very thyme-y)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Mix all the spices and then combine them with the 1/4 cup of flour. Put 2 tablespoons of the spiced flour into a large ziptop bag along with the chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken pieces till lightly browned (3-4 minutes per side). Remove to a plate when cooked.
- In same pan, sautee the peppers, onion and garlic and cook slightly. Add the tomatoes and heat through.
- In a bowl with a lid (I used my blender), combine the cold chicken broth with the leftover flour mixture and then add to the veggies. Stir well. Add cooked chicken back in and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sauce should thicken as the liquid comes to a gentle boil.
- We served it over yellow rice.