1/1 Photo of Mccormick's Spanish Chicken Skillet
I got this from one of the spice packs in the grocery store - so yummy. Putting it online so I don't lose the little card.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (I used 1 tbsp. by accident, but I think the 1 tsp wouldn't be enough and would use 1 tbsp again)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, boneless, skinless (cut into 6 serving size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into strips (green or red)
- 1 large onion (cut into strips, I used one bag of frozen pepper and onion stirfry mix in place of the fresh veggies)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped (our own addition but we're garlic lovers!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used the fire roasted, yum!)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1Mix all the spices and then combine them with the 1/4 cup of flour. Put 2 tablespoons of the spiced flour into a large ziptop bag along with the chicken and shake to coat.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook chicken pieces till lightly browned (3-4 minutes per side). Remove to a plate when cooked.
- 3In same pan, sautee the peppers, onion and garlic and cook slightly. Add the tomatoes and heat through.
- 4In a bowl with a lid (I used my blender), combine the cold chicken broth with the leftover flour mixture and then add to the veggies. Stir well. Add cooked chicken back in and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sauce should thicken as the liquid comes to a gentle boil.
- 5We served it over yellow rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mccormick's Spanish Chicken Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.2
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 535.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 23.3 g