Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe was featured in an email today from the www.mccormick.com website. "Make weekend mornings extra special with warm Blueberry Muffins. Serve with cinnamon- and nutmeg-spiced Honey Butter, if desired."
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (or you can use 1 cup peeled, cored and chopped apple in place of the blueberries or Use 1 cup raspbe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Set aside.
- Mix flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Mix sour cream, milk, oil, egg, orange peel and vanilla in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be thick and slightly lumpy). Gently stir in blueberries, apple or raspberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.