1/2 Photos of Mccall's Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Adapted from the McCall's 1973 Great American Recipe Card collection. The original calls for whole milk and 1/4 c. of butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
- 2Cook macaroni as package directs, drain.
- 3While cooking macaroni, melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 4Remove from heat and whisk in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- 5Gradually stir in milk.
- 6Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- 7Stir in 1 1/2 cup cheese and the cooked macaroni.
- 8Spray a 1 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour in macaroni and cheese.
- 9Arrange tomato slices over top. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Sprinkle parsley on cheese.
- 10Bake about 15 minutes uncovered until cheese is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Heirloom/Historical Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Heirloom/Historical Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mccall's Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.8
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 1088.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 28.2 g