Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I make this copycat version from Tom Wilbur so Dugan will stop hoarding packages of the Hot Mustard Sauce from McDonalds.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar, plus
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried mustard
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 -14 drops habanero sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small covered saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
- Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Sauce should thicken in 2 to 3 minutes after it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator in a covered container.
Yum! Easy to make and just the right amount of sweet and sour. I used on a veggie burger-delightful! Thanks! Made for the Asian Turmeric game!
Wonderful sauce! Very versatile too. I am a mustard-o-holic! It goes with chicken strips, very good on hamburgers and excellent on turkey sandwiches. Thank you for this great recipe Potsie!
My name is Chef floWer and I'm a sauce-a-holic. Delicious mustard and very easy to make, hubby and Little Miss (DD) spread it over Homemade Hamburgers. I have heaps jarred up to use it over everything. Thank you Pot Scrubber