Chef #208121's Note:
the original is from the McDougall newsletter from Dr. McDougalls diet. The recipe is from Alex Bury, McDougall Program cooking instructor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup soymilk or 1 cup rice milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup currants or 1/4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 8 ounces crushed whole grain cereal, see note
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine all the oatmeal ingredients then simmer on low until done, about 6 minutes then pour into a casserole dish and top with cereal. Cover and refrigerate until morning.
- 3Bake at 350F until the cereal is just starting to turn brown, approx 15 minutes.
- 4Make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve heated or unheated over the hot oatmeal casserole.
- 5Note: 8 ounces whole grain cereal in the original recipe read: 1/2 box of your favorite oil-free, healthy, whole-grain cereal, crushed.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mc Dougall's Baked Oatmeal Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain cereal