Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is the last of the copycat recipes that I received via email today.
- 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients except the water in a food processor or a blender and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add water, stir, and bring mixture to a boil. Allow it to boil for five minutes, stirring often. When the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool. Store sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Great and oh so close! My hubby made it and there is none left. We have been trying to find one that tasted like mcdees but to no avail till now, my son is a sweet and sour fanatic. Thanks def a keeper!!
It was a good sauce, but unfortunately it wasn't close enough to McDonald's for me. Thanks anyway for a sauce that's easy to make!