Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is a clone of the Big Mac Sauce and comes from the book "Even More Top Secret Recipes" by Todd Wilbur. It tastes exactly like the real thing so if your a Big Mac lover like I, you'll be thrilled. The beauty of this recipe is I have tried it with lowfat mayonnaise (Hellman's Just 2 Good) and it was wonderful. I'd stick with regular French dressing, though, just to be safe.
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons wishbone deluxe French dressing
- 4 teaspoons heinz sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon finely minced white onion (no substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer sauce to a covered container and chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir sauce occasionally and again before serving.
- Tip: To add authentic Big Mac flavor to your burgers, lightly toast cut sides of sesame seed buns in a dry nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Watch carefully so they do not burn.
Great Recipe, tastes very close to McDonalds sauce! Thanks for sharing.
It's a decent sauce, don't get me wrong. But it's not Big Mac sauce. You've got to have some dill relish in there, as well as dehydrated onions, not fresh. And just a kiss of ketchup, too.
Just made this to go with hubby's home made burgers, it was fantastic! Used S&W Mayonnaise because it uses cage free eggs. Thanks for posting, I will definitely be using this again!