Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful breakfast sandwich that you can make at home. Recipe courtesy of http://fooddownunder.com
- 2 teaspoons minced green peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced white onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage
- 4 plain bagels
- 4 slices kraft singles American cheese
- 4 slices kraft singles monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon creamy dill mustard
- First prepare the sauce by combining the mayonnaise with the dill mustard in a small bowl. Set this aside until you are ready to use it.
- To prepare the eggs it's best to make one at a time in a small 6-inch skillet. If you have more than one of these small pans, you can save a little time.
- First preheat pan over low heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon of butter. Add 1/2 teaspoon of minced green pepper along with 1/2 teaspoon minced white onion to the pan and saute for a couple minutes, or until softened.
- Beat an egg in a small bowl with a whisk until it is smooth, but not foamy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the egg.
- Add the egg to the pan with the vegetables. Swirl the pan so that the egg spreads out.
- As the egg begins to cook, use a spatula to pull in a couple of the edges so that raw egg flows around from the top onto the hot pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then fold over one of the edges of the egg using a spoon or fork. Fold it down about an inch. Fold the opposite end over as well. Then fold the remaining two edges over, creating a small rectangular or square mini-omelet.
- Repeat with peppers, onions and one egg EACH until you have four square mini omelets.
- Flip the little omelets over and turn off the heat.
- Press the sausage into four 2-ounce patties approximately the size of the bagel. Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until brown. Drain when done.
- Slice a bagel in half and place it with the faces up on a baking sheet. Grill the faces of the bagel halves in your oven set on broil until golden brown. You may also use a toaster oven for this step, but be sure to place the sliced bagel halves onto a small baking sheet or on aluminum foil.
- When the bagels are toasted, spread about 1/2 tablespoon of the sauce onto the face of the top bagel half. Place a slice of American cheese onto the face of the top bagel half. Place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese over the face of the bottom bagel half. Place a sausage patty on the cheese on the bottom bagel half. Place the finished omelet onto the sausage on the bottom half of the sandwich.
- Finish by flipping the top half of the sandwich over onto the bottom. Heat for 15 seconds in microwave if needed to warm.