1/1 Photo of Mc Donald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuit
2 hrs 30 mins
This is my version of the new McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuits that they serve on their breakfast menu
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices or 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 biscuits
- 1Cut each chicken breast horizontally down the center into 2 pieces, so that you have 4 pieces.
- 2Place chicken pieces in a bowl and cover with chicken broth.Refrigerate and let chicken soak in broth for about 2 hours.
- 3In a large bowl mix egg and buttermilk.remove chicken pieces from chicken broth and dip in the egg & milk mixture.
- 4Season chicken with pickling spice or dill, pepper, onion powder, poultry seasoning and monosodium glutamate.
- 5In a medium skillet or saucepan heat oil to 350 degrees.
- 6Coat chicken pieces evenly in breadcrumbs.Place chicken in oil, and fry for about 15- 25 minutes until chicken is well done, turning chicken pieces once in oil.Remove from oil and pat grease off chicken.
- 7Prepare biscuits as directed on box or package that biscuits came inches.
- 8Place one chicken breast in each biscuit, and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mc Donald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuit
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1339.5
- Calories from Fat 940
- Total Fat 104.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 1099.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: