1/1 Photo of Mc Donald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuit
2 hrs 30 mins
This is my version of the new McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuits that they serve on their breakfast menu
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices or 1 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 biscuits
- 1Cut each chicken breast horizontally down the center into 2 pieces, so that you have 4 pieces.
- 2Place chicken pieces in a bowl and cover with chicken broth.Refrigerate and let chicken soak in broth for about 2 hours.
- 3In a large bowl mix egg and buttermilk.remove chicken pieces from chicken broth and dip in the egg & milk mixture.
- 4Season chicken with pickling spice or dill, pepper, onion powder, poultry seasoning and monosodium glutamate.
- 5In a medium skillet or saucepan heat oil to 350 degrees.
- 6Coat chicken pieces evenly in breadcrumbs.Place chicken in oil, and fry for about 15- 25 minutes until chicken is well done, turning chicken pieces once in oil.Remove from oil and pat grease off chicken.
- 7Prepare biscuits as directed on box or package that biscuits came inches.
- 8Place one chicken breast in each biscuit, and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mc Donald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuit
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1339.5
- Calories from Fat 940
- Total Fat 104.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 1099.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: