This is my version of the new McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Biscuits that they serve on their breakfast menu
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices or 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs, dried
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 biscuits
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally down the center into 2 pieces, so that you have 4 pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl and cover with chicken broth.Refrigerate and let chicken soak in broth for about 2 hours.
- In a large bowl mix egg and buttermilk.remove chicken pieces from chicken broth and dip in the egg & milk mixture.
- Season chicken with pickling spice or dill, pepper, onion powder, poultry seasoning and monosodium glutamate.
- In a medium skillet or saucepan heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken pieces evenly in breadcrumbs.Place chicken in oil, and fry for about 15- 25 minutes until chicken is well done, turning chicken pieces once in oil.Remove from oil and pat grease off chicken.
- Prepare biscuits as directed on box or package that biscuits came inches.
- Place one chicken breast in each biscuit, and serve.