Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the 1968 McDonald's Manager's Handbook put out in 1969 (1968 year) They quickly removed the recipe after realizing they had a very appealing "secret sauce." It was included as an emergency recipe in the event a particular store ran out of the pre-made sauce. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Wishbone Deluxe french salad dressing (the orange stuff)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Heinz® sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon Vlasic dill pickle relish (Heinz dill relish also works)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Mix everything very well in a small container. (No streaks!)
- Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again. Cover, and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour before using (to allow all of the flavors to "meld").
- Makes about 1 cup -- enough for about 8 Big Macs!
Being a sauce lover, (especially burger sauces), I found this to be the best one yet! I've also posted a recipe for the Big Mac version, but this one is much better. After trying pricey store-bought ones and several different recipes that came up short, I'm so happy to have found this one! I doubled the ingredients and filled my burger sauce jar and still have some leftover. I used lowfat Hellman's and lowfat Miracle Whip and it turned out delicious. (A real plus, because now I can slather it on with less guilt.) I also used Marzetti's creamy Country French dressing. I think this tastes better than McDonald's! The key to it's yumminess could be the combination of mayo and Miracle Whip, along with the two relishes. Also, the dried onions seem to work better than the fresh used in some of the other recipes. Some people say a burger only needs sauce when it doesn't deliver on juiciness and flavor, but I don't agree. This recipe is so fabulous, it's worthy of sharing the spotlight with Burger Of The Gods. Thanks for posting!
Been making this for a while now. Very close to the real thing.
This is the best burger sauce yet. Made a large batch to serve this weekend for my daughters grad BBQ.