Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From McMenu website
- 6 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup (KaroTM Brand dark corn syrup)
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard, dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄16 teaspoon tsps ground cayenne pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a microwave safe container until it is one solid color.
- A fork works well forthis. Microwave on high about 35 seconds, and mix again.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 6 hours (to allow theflavors to meld)
- Refrigerate until needed, and remember to refrigerate unused portions.
- This recipe makes a little more than 4 "packets" of hot mustard sauce. Double it or triple it as needed.
As i never go to McDonalds I can not vouch for if their mustard sauce tastes the same as this. Never mind, this sauce is great! As Hubby says it is an "open your nostrils" sauce. Hot, spicy and tasty. We have had it with chicken burgers, with carrot burgers and with yellow cheese (as a late night snack). Very easy to make, done in a few minutes. The refrigeration of at least 6 hours to let flavors blend is indeed recommended. I am happy to have a supply in the fridge to alternate with my usual mustard. Made for PAC Fall '07. Thanks for posting.