Recipe by byZula
This is a copycat recipe my son found. My son decided to surprise me and made this for my birthday breakfast last year. It was really good and he still makes it from time to time. I love that you can pretty much add whatever you want to this! Very versatile recipe! :-)
- 4 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced mild green chili
- 4 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 4 slices American cheese
- salsa, on the side
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the sausage into the pan, then add the onion. Sauté the sausage and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sausage is browned. Add the mild green chilies and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the sausage and vegetables. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Heat up the tortillas by steaming them in the microwave in moist paper towels or a tortilla steamer for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Break each slice of cheese in half and position two halves end-to-end in the middle of each tortilla.
- To make the burrito, spoon 1/4 of the egg filling onto the cheese in a tortilla. Fold one side of the tortilla over the filling, then fold up about two inches of one end. Fold over the other side of the tortilla to complete the burrito (one end should remain open). Serve hot with salsa on the side, if desired.