Petite Mommy's Note:
Please your guests with a special treat they won't be expecting. The directions seem a bit long but this is actually quite easy to make. You saute onions and Steak Umm, prepare eggs, toast bagels and assemble sandwiches. (Recipe courtesy of http://fooddownunder.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon creamy dill mustard
- 1Combine mayonnaise with the dill mustard in a small bowl. Set this aside until you are ready to use it.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Separate the onion slices and saute in the oil until light brown. Remove and set aside.
- 3Break up the sandwich steak into the hot pan and cook until brown. Drain off fat. Add the grilled onions to the meat and stir.
- 4(Tip: To make the eggs it's best to make one at a time in a small 6 inch skillet.) Beat one egg in a small bowl with a whisk until it is smooth, but not foamy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the egg.
- 5Heat a small 6 inch skillet over low heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon of butter to the pan. When the butter has melted add the egg to the pan. Swirl the pan so that the egg spreads evenly.
- 6As the egg begins to cook, use a spatula to pull in a couple of the edges so that raw egg flows from the top onto the hot pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then fold over one of the edges of the egg using a spoon or fork. Fold it down about an inch. Fold the opposite end over as well. Then fold the remaining two edges over, creating a small rectangular or square mini-omelette. Flip the little omelette over and turn off the heat.
- 7Slice bagels in half and place faces up on a baking sheet. Grill the faces of the bagel halves in your oven set on broil until golden brown. (Tip: You may also use a toaster oven for this step, but be sure to place the sliced bagel halves onto a small baking sheet or on aluminum foil.).
- 8When the bagels are toasted, spread about 1/2 tablespoon of the sauce onto the face of the top bagel half. Place a slice of cheese onto the face of each bagel half.
- 9Divide the meat into four portions and stack one portion onto the cheese on the bottom bagel half.
- 10Place the finished omelette onto the meat on the bottom half of the sandwich. Finish by flipping the top half of the sandwich over onto the bottom. Heat for 15 seconds in microwave if needed to warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mc Donald's Breakfast Bagel Sandwich (Steak)
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 901.2
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 297.2 mg
- Sodium 1667.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creamy dill mustard