Recipe by CindiJ
My family has made these since I can remember. Growing up we (the kids) hated these cookies, after growing up we love them! They are very colorful and can be frozen with good results.
- 2 lbs dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb candied cherry, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb candied pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb almonds, blanched and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb brazil nut, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare candied fruits and chop (shell if you buy whole) all the nuts. Toss lightly together and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. Pour over fruits and nuts and toss lightly to coat each and every piece.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using your stand mixer and paddle attachment, in large bowl cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until quite smooth. Add eggs, one at a time and beat throughly after each addition.
- Stir in chopped fruits, nuts and flour mixture; blending well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (can line with parchment paper). Do not crowd the cookies. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly golden. [b]DO NOT OVERBAKE[/b].
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and then remove from cookie sheet onto cooling rack. Let cool completely then store in air-tight container.