Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Congolese recipe, from 'Best of Regional African Cooking' -- posted by request.
Make and share this Mbisi Ye Kalou (Fish Stew) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm white fish fillets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter or 4 -6 tablespoons oil
- 1 chili peppers or 1 crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb fresh greens or 1 lb kale or 1 lb spinach or 1 lb collard greens or 1 lb swiss chard or 1 lb beet leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen greens
- 1 cup water
- Cut fish into thick pieces.
- In a stewing pan, sauce the onion and green pepper slices in 2 tablespoons of the oil or butter.
- Add chilies, greens and water.
- Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons oil or butter and fish.
- Continue to simmer, covered, until fish flakes easily, about 20 minutes.