Recipe by Rita~
Is a type of shortbread which is served at Easter. When cool can be decorated with powdered sugar glaze and slice almonds. For ease I make it in the food processor but you can make by hand!
Top Review by Ginger Rose
I cooked up some apples with tbsps sugar for the pie filling. Unfortunately I didn't have any almonds...they make it look so nice on the picture!! It still tasted lovely though!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (15 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon Southern Comfort (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mazurek base:.
- Sift together all dry ingredients by pulsing in food processor.
- Add chilled butter into flour pulse until crumbly.
- Add beaten yolks with cream and add to flour mixture, just till it comes together when squeezed with fingers, but still will be crumbly.
- Press dough into pan.
- Lay on buttered 8 inch square cake pan, pressing in to evenly cover the base.
- Chill for 5 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Mix apples and Southern Comfort together.
- Remove base from oven and cover with apple topping.
- Bake 20 minutes longer.
- Cool dust with powdered sugar or top with a sugar icing and garnish with sliced toasted almonds.
- Cut into 16 finger size servings.