1/2 Photos of Mazurek Topped With Apple
Is a type of shortbread which is served at Easter. When cool can be decorated with powdered sugar glaze and slice almonds. For ease I make it in the food processor but you can make by hand!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (15 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon Southern Comfort (optional)
- 1Mazurek base:.
- 2Sift together all dry ingredients by pulsing in food processor.
- 3Add chilled butter into flour pulse until crumbly.
- 4Add beaten yolks with cream and add to flour mixture, just till it comes together when squeezed with fingers, but still will be crumbly.
- 5Press dough into pan.
- 6Lay on buttered 8 inch square cake pan, pressing in to evenly cover the base.
- 7Chill for 5 minutes.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- 9Mix apples and Southern Comfort together.
- 10Remove base from oven and cover with apple topping.
- 11Bake 20 minutes longer.
- 12Cool dust with powdered sugar or top with a sugar icing and garnish with sliced toasted almonds.
- 13Cut into 16 finger size servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mazurek Topped With Apple
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.3
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 136.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g