Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a good one-dish meal or potluck dish. Just add a simple green salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can diced green chilis (mild)
- 1 can bush pinto beans, drained (not refried beans)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, mild or medium
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 package grated Mexican blend cheese
- Heat oven to 375 deg.
- Spray 12 x 8 casserole with Pam.
- Brown beef and onions, then add the garlic, tomatoes, olives, chilies, beans, corn, salsa and taco flavoring.
- Let simmer for 5 min.
- Crush about 1 cup or so of tortilla chips and sprinkle over bottom of baking dish.
- Add half of meat mixture.
- Sprinkle half of cheese over all.
- Repeat process.
- Bake for 20-25 min.
I made this for dinner last night and it was great. I added black beans in place of pinto beans, I also added sour cream as a garnish. I can hardly wait for leftovers tonight!
Very nice recipe. Some of the quantities were a guessing game so sharing what worked for us. For a full recipe, I used 14 oz tomatoes, 1 cup olives (used green vs black), 4 oz green chilies, 6 oz beans (used black vs pinto), 14 oz taco seasoning, 1 1/2 cup chips & 12 oz cheese (mozza, monterey, cheddar blend). Increased the beef abit. Sauted the garlic with the onions/beef. Nice flavours & it works well when you use a salsa you like. Thanks for sharing.
This was tasty! I skipped the olives for my DH doesn`t like them. It would be a help to have the size amounts on the ingredients as the tomatoes can come in many sizes from 6 ounces to 14 ounces to 28 ounces. As with the olives, chilies, beans and the chips also come in different sizes. I topped with sour cream and additional salsa. Thanks!