1/2 Photos of Maz's Rice & Beans Casserole
Mary Alice Zurbach's Note:
This is a juicy casserole that freezes well. With salad, this casserole can make 3 meals for 2 people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup chicken or 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild diced green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 diced chicken breasts or 1 lb hamburger or 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- 2Add the onion, celery, and garlic and saute for 4 minute.
- 3Add the rice and saute for 2 minute.
- 4Add broth, tomatoes and spices.
- 5Bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minute.
- 6Pre-heat oven to 350 deg.
- 7Brown meat and drain.
- 8Add beans and green chilies to meat and heat.
- 9Add to rice mixture when done and combine.
- 10Place all ingredients in a 9 x 13 casserole.
- 11Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 12Cook in oven for 20 minute.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maz's Rice & Beans Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.4 mg
- Sodium 1062.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: