1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Sweet and rich, this is a quintessential pastry of Sweden. You can divide the pastry into 8 individual tarts using 1/2 cup size tart pans with removable bottoms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces almond paste (3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Stir together sugar and flour, cut in butter in small pieces and rub with your fingers until evenly mixed, with a fork stir in egg yolk then compress mixture with your hands until it holds together.
- 4Use the pastry to line a 9" springform pan, pressing dough up sides about 1"
- 6Break almond paste into small pieces, put in mixer bowl, mix in sugar and flour until combined, add the eggs and egg white one at a time blending smoothly, then mix in the almond extract.
- 7Pour the filling into your pastry lined pan, bake for 70 minutes (check at 60) or until top is golden brown ,.
- 8Let cool 5 minutes while you make the glaze.
- 10Blend powdered sugar smoothly with milk, spread over top of the tart.
- 11When tart is cool remove the rim and serve. Tart can be store for 2 days in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage.
- 12Note s.
- 13For a little less sweetness, you can skip the glaze.
- 14If making individual tarts bake for 30 minutes until richly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mazarin Tart
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.6
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 112.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g