Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Sweet and rich, this is a quintessential pastry of Sweden. You can divide the pastry into 8 individual tarts using 1/2 cup size tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Stir together sugar and flour, cut in butter in small pieces and rub with your fingers until evenly mixed, with a fork stir in egg yolk then compress mixture with your hands until it holds together.
- Use the pastry to line a 9" springform pan, pressing dough up sides about 1"
- Break almond paste into small pieces, put in mixer bowl, mix in sugar and flour until combined, add the eggs and egg white one at a time blending smoothly, then mix in the almond extract.
- Pour the filling into your pastry lined pan, bake for 70 minutes (check at 60) or until top is golden brown ,.
- Let cool 5 minutes while you make the glaze.
- Blend powdered sugar smoothly with milk, spread over top of the tart.
- When tart is cool remove the rim and serve. Tart can be store for 2 days in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage.
- Note s.
- For a little less sweetness, you can skip the glaze.
- If making individual tarts bake for 30 minutes until richly browned on top.