I was told by my local Maytag dealer that this cleaning solution helps alleviate the mold buildup behind the tub of these machines. They said to specifically use Sunlight dishwasher detergent (granular). Caution: I would recommend NOT to wash a dark clothing load immediately after running this cleaning cycle just in case there's still bleach residue. Bleach plus dark clothes = BIG OOPS! Note: I've had a hard time finding the Sunlight granular but did find the Sunlight liquid (for dishwashers of course) and it seems to work fine. Smells lemony fresh : )
- 1 cup bleach (liquid bleach)
- 1 cup dish detergent (Sunlight brand for dishwasher, granular form)
- Place 1 cup of bleach in detergent dispenser.
- Place 1 cup of Sunlight granular dishwasher detergent in washing machine tub.
- Set wash cycle on HOT and start.