Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Whole Foods flyer. So simple. I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes. The time for steaming the green beans was included in the preparation.
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed, steamed and cooled
- 2 tomatoes, large and ripe, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb maytag blue cheese
- 1⁄4 lb walnuts, toasted (optional)
- red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut off stems of endive and separate leaves.
- Arrange on a platter with green beans and tomatoes.
- Crumble the cheese over the salad and garnish with walnuts and drizzle with vinegar and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!