This is from Kincaids Restaurant in Redondo Beach, Ca. When I tried it at the restaurant, I had to have the recipe, which I found on the web. It is the best blue cheese salad dressing ever !!! The Maytag Blue Cheese is so creamy and delicious, like no other. It's not cheap, but worth every dime if you can find it. If you can't find it, you can substitute Danish Blue Cheese, or your personal favorite. It should be refrigerated overnight. I'm guessing on the servings amount, it makes about 1-1/2 cups. Serve it over iceberg lettuce wedges with your choice of other veggies, i.e tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do !!!
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 ounces buttermilk
- 4 ounces maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- Dissolve spices into vinegar, Worcestershire, and Tabasco.
- Combine with sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Thin dressing with buttermilk, add Maytag blue cheese and refrigerate overnight.
- It is best served on Iceberg lettuce wedges.