My favorite summer salad from Dickie Brennan’s Restaurant in New Orleans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (we use Crystal's)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tablespoon creole seasoning (we use Recipe #)
- sugar, to taste
- 1For the vinaigrette, combine the shallots, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- 2Whisk in the oils gradually.
- 3Whisk in the bleu cheese and season with kosher salt, adjusting the amount of salt according to the strength and flavor of the bleu cheese.
- 4Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 5For the spiced pecans, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 6Toss the pecans with the melted butter, Creole seasoning and sugar in a bowl, coating well.
- 7Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 5-8 minutes or until light brown.
- 8For the salad, season the greens with the salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 9Add the carrot, onion and ¼ of the vinaigrette and toss lightly.
- 10Serve and top with the remaining bleu cheese and pecans.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maytag and Spiced Pecan Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1049.1
- Calories from Fat 1036
- Total Fat 115.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 548.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maytag blue cheese
mixed baby greens
maytag blue cheese