Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't care too much for squash, but this is the exception! In the summer, we make this recipe probably once a week. You can use any vegetable instead of or in addition to the summer squash in this recipe. We like to use zucchini. The leftovers are good.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter (you can probably use less)
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and quartered (canned is fine)
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash (1 small to medium sized squash)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and green pepper in butter.
- Add every thing else except cheese. Cook until squash is tender.
- Stir in cheese and cook until cheese melts.
Very simple, vey good! Prep was only about 5 minutes. I added a dried spice blend of sea salt, garlic, basil and oregano instead of salt and pepper which enhanced the flavor.