Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Excellent recipe. A little different and very tasty.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup currants, soaked in hot water 10 minutes & drained
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (Denzel's, Peri-Peri Tabasco)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Wash rice, combine with broth, bring to a boil & simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain any remaining stock, cool.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Add all the ingredients to the rice, mix well.
- Serve warm or cold.