Recipe by wildheart
This is a delicious alternative to store bought mayo. If you believe in the healthful properties of coconut oil, this is for you. If you have wondered what coconut can do, this is for you. And if you just hate BUYING mayo, this is definitely for you.
- 177.44 ml coconut oil
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 egg
- 7.39 ml vinegar or 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml garlic salt or 2.46 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the coconut oil in the micro or on stove top.
- Mix coconut and olive oil.
- Put all but the oils in blender or food processor container.
- Whiz till frothy.
- Slowly, very slowly, pour in the oil mix while the blender or processor is running.
- This thickens quickly; you will have to stop and scrape down, and it may not take all the oil mix.
- Once all is mixed put in covered container in fridge.
- Can be used in any recipe calling for mayo.
- You may like more mustard, more salt, less, etc.
- This is thicker than a typical homemade mayo, more like store bought.
- (Most large Wal-marts and groceries carry coconut oil near the crisco; it is an oil but is solid at room temp.).