This is a delicious alternative to store bought mayo. If you believe in the healthful properties of coconut oil, this is for you. If you have wondered what coconut can do, this is for you. And if you just hate BUYING mayo, this is definitely for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the coconut oil in the micro or on stove top.
- 2Mix coconut and olive oil.
- 3Put all but the oils in blender or food processor container.
- 4Whiz till frothy.
- 5Slowly, very slowly, pour in the oil mix while the blender or processor is running.
- 6This thickens quickly; you will have to stop and scrape down, and it may not take all the oil mix.
- 7Once all is mixed put in covered container in fridge.
- 8Can be used in any recipe calling for mayo.
- 9You may like more mustard, more salt, less, etc.
- 10This is thicker than a typical homemade mayo, more like store bought.
- 11(Most large Wal-marts and groceries carry coconut oil near the crisco; it is an oil but is solid at room temp.).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mayonnaise With Coconut Oil
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 3.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g